|RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will be required to report to the Principal on matters related to work in progress. He/She must interact with the Principal, Teachers, Students, Bursar and Support Staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The applicant will be required to perform the following:
- Maintain Laboratory(ies) in good order and take proper care of equipment, chemical reagents and other supplies of the assigned Laboratory(ies).
- Set up in a timely manner, the scheduled simple experiments in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Integrated Science as required.
- Organize and trial run experiments in advance of pupils to check suitability of apparatus and to make adjustments where necessary.
- Assist students in the actual experimentation only where and when necessary.
- Perform basis calculations in volumetric Chemistry, and basis calculations in Physics etc. for the purpose of standardization and comparison of students’ experiment results.
- Maintain an inventory of Laboratory equipment and supplies in an orderly manner.
- Supervise students when in the Laboratory at the scheduled times; restrict entry of students in the Preparation Room at all times.
- Salary will be paid in accordance with the terms stipulated for the grade level in the Government Service and subject to taxation in accordance with the Income Tax Ordinance.
- Protective gear (including hand and face protection) should be supplied by the school principal prior to commencement of duties. (In this regard, free medical attention and medicines will not be provided.)
- Work performance will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Timely set up of experiments required by the class teachers.
- Accuracy in calculation and dexterity in preparation of solutions for Volumetric analysis.
- Accuracy in all measurements required for experiments.
- Safekeeping of all chemicals and checking for expired stock.
- Clarity in interpreting results of experiments.
- Compliance with the Health and Safety Regulations governing the operations of the Laboratory(ies).
Salary is at the rate of $18,971.72 to $21,353.16 per annum (Grade 4).
|SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Applicants should possess the following:
- A working knowledge of and ability to interpret Civil Service Rules and Regulations, Operating Procedures, Staff Orders, Health and Safety Act etc.
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures contained in the Ministry’s Operations Manual, and Health and Safety Act as it pertain to the Laboratory.
- A working knowledge and an understanding of chemical reagents with regard to reactivity, as well as affinities for elements and other chemical reagents, and the ability to interpret results from experiments.
- A working knowledge of Laboratory equipment and maintenance of such equipment.
- Familiarity with the Sciences syllabus from CXC and the stipulated equipment for the CXC Science subject examinations.